Takedowns are the most important aspect of wrestling and in this tape two N.C.W.A. National Coaches of the Year present 38 drills to get better at takedowns.
Coaches Mills & Krepps share drills that made their teams successful at both the high school and college level. Everything from stance drills to finishes on front headlock can be mastered by using these drills.
Also included is our 12 x 12 program that is the weight routine that the Grand Valley wrestlers used to peak themselves at the end of the season!
10 Things to do at HOME to get better FASTER!!!!
38 TAKEDOWN DRILLS INCLUDE:
1. Stance – motion
2. Level changes
3. Level change & penetrating between legs
4. Hand fighting
5. Rotating wrist capture
6. Wrist escape to elbow
7. Clearing wrist cross grab
8. Wrist chop
10. Cutting off
11. Penetration step
12. Push-pull take down
13. Single leg drop
14. Reach to a shot
15. Return to mat
16. Snap downs
17. Snap downs with underhook
18. Snap down – cradle finish19. Snap down – steering wheel finish
20. Snap down – butt drag finish
21. Snap down – shuck finish
22. Over, under & around
23. Shuck to a single
24. Sweeps single set-ups
25. Sweeps pipe finish
26. Sweeps pry finish
27. Sweeps trip finish
28. Sweep trip reverse finish
29. Duck under (mastering footwork)
30. Arm drag (mastering footwork)
31. Ankle pick (steering wheel position)
32. Ankle pick (underhook position)
33. Knee pick
34. Finish from sweep
35. Single leg finish up & through
36. Fireman’s carry penetration drill
37. Fireman’s carry from a 2 on 1
38. Fireman’s carry to a pin!