Position: Director, National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum
Location: Waterloo, Iowa
Job Summary: The Director of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum (DGM) is responsible for innovative leadership and direction for the museum’s operations, preservation, programming, planning, finances, communications and fundraising to assure that the site is managed, preserved and interpreted to the highest professional standards. The Director manages all full-time and part-time staff of the Museum and reports to the Executive Director of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame & Museum (NWHOF) in Stillwater, OK.
Operations, Preservation and Programming
– Direct public programs, including daily tours, educational programs and special events.
– Oversee the interpretation, maintenance and conservation of the site’s building, structure, landscape and collections.
– Supervise and train site staff and volunteers associated with the DGM.
– Oversee outside consultants and contractors for restoration, construction, site and program development and/or maintenance.
– Serve as the principal liaison for DGM to NWHOF Executive Director and Board of Governors.
– Work with the Executive Director and Board of Governors to implement the institution’s overall strategic plans.
– Expand current programs and identify new programs and opportunities that will provide additional revenue sources that complement the DGM mission.
– Oversee the development and management of the DGM annual budget and operating plans
– Oversight of proper fiscal management, expenditures, and assure that budgeted financial objectives are met for the DGM.
– Oversee a robust communications plan through publications, DGM website, social media and public relations.
– Reach a diverse set of constituencies including local community leaders, visitors, tourists, donors, honorees and family members from one of the three Halls of Fame recognized at DGM.
– Manage collaborative relationship with Dan Gable as it pertains to strategic planning of DGM events, appearances and plans that include his image, attendance, and revenue generating activities that promote the museum.
– Establish and manage committees to coordinate events, programs, and the DGM operating budget, and then report those updates to the Board of Governors three times per year (Fall, Winter, and Spring).
Fundraising and Revenue Sources
– Facilitate DGM’s annual fundraising activities, special projects, capital and endowment campaigns from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources.
– Develop and oversee earned income activities such as admission fees, merchandise sales, site rentals and special events for the museum.
The salary for this full-time position is commensurate with experience.
The position will be open until filled.
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume with names and contact information for 3 References to email@example.com